- American Institute for Research. (2010). Stages of concern: Concerns-Based Adoption Model. Retrieved from https://www.air.org/resource/stages-concern
- Bailey, T., Jeong, D. W., & Cho, S. (2009). Referral, enrollment, and completion in developmental education sequences in community colleges. (CCRC Working Paper No. 15). New York: Community College Research Center, Teachers College.
- Belfield, C. R., Jenkins, D., & Fink, D. (2019). Early momentum metrics: Leading indicators for community college improvement. CCRC Research Brief. Retrieved from https://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/publications/early-momentum-metrics-leading-indicators.htm
- Bridges, W. (2009). Managing transitions: Making the most of change. Philadelphia, PA: De Capo Press.
- Burdman, P. (2015). Degrees of freedom: Diversifying math requirements for college readiness and graduation. Oakland, CA: Learning Works and Policy Analysis for California Education.
- Center for Urban Education. (n.d.). Equity and student success. Retrieved from https://cue.usc.edu/about/equity/
- Center for Urban Education. (2020, June 24). Data for racial equity [YouTube video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPUAp5Ff1Kw&feature=emb_logo
- Charles A. Dana Center. (2020). Continuous improvement in mathematics departments: Some thoughts from the field. Retrieved from https://dcmathpathways.org/sites/default/files/resources/2019-10/Continuous%20Improvement%20in%20Mathematics%20Departments_Some%20thoughts%20from%20the%20field.pdf
- Complete College America. (2016). Corequisite remediation: Spanning the completion divide. Retrieved from http://completecollege.org/spanningthedivide/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/CCA-SpanningTheDivide-ExecutiveSummary.pdf
- Daughtery, L., Karam, R., Basco, D., & Kaufman, J. (2019). Tools for improving corequisite models: A guide for college practitioners. Retrieved from https://www.rand.org/pubs/tools/TL319.html
- Getz, A. (2018, June 28). Changing isn’t failing [Blog]. Retrieved from https://www.utdanacenter.org/blog/changing-isnt-failing
- Getz, A. (2020, April 16). Great ideas aren’t enough: Lessons for Launch Years implementation [Blog]. Retrieved from https://www.utdanacenter.org/blog/great-ideas-arent-enough-lessons-launch-years-implementation?fbclid=IwAR3GQnVEwd0n5gmIatTS4mp3KJuLRNow_TsJCvsiJKlKCXa2uCMhUfdvK80
- Hall, G. E., & Hord, S. M. (2015). Implementing change: Patterns, principles, and potholes. Boston, MA: Pearson/Allyn & Bacon.
- Henkin, A., & Dee, J. (2001). The power of trust: Teams and collective action in self-managed schools. Journal of School Leadership, 11(1), 48–62.
- IRINSTITUTES. (2017). What is fidelity of implementation? Retrieved from https://irinstitutes.org/what-is-fidelity-of-implementation/
- Jenkins, D., & Bailey, T. (2017). Early momentum metrics: Why they matter for college improvement. Retrieved from https://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/publications/early-momentum-metrics-college-improvement.html
- Jenkins, D., Brown, A. E., Fink, J., Lahr, H., & Yanagiura, T. (2018). Building guided pathways to community college student success: Promising practices and early evidence from Tennessee. Retrieved from https://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/publications/building-guided-pathways-community-college-student-success.html
- Patterson, K., Grenny, J., McMillan, R., & Switzler, A. (2012). Crucial conversations: Tools for talking when stakes are high. New York: McGraw Hill.
- Phillips, B. C., & Horowitz, J. E. (2017). Creating a data-informed culture in community colleges. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Education Press.
- The Skillman Foundation. (2018). (2018, September 24). The power of asset framing: A conversation with Trabian Shorters. Retrieved from https://www.skillman.org/blog/the-power-of-asset-framing/
- Tschannen-Moran, M. (2004). Trust matters: leadership for successful schools. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Thinkstock/iStock/Shironosoy; Thinkstock/iStock/Jacob Ammentorp Lund; Thinkstock/Purestock
- Marsha Miller at The University of Texas at Austin
- Thinkstock/iStock/Bowden Images
- Clay Marshall at Starlink
- Texas Success Center
- Thinkstock/iStock/Jacob Ammentorp Lund
- Clay Marshall at Starlink
- Thinkstock/Photodisc/Digital Vision
- Thinkstock/iStock/SDI Productions
- Charles A. Dana Center staff
Lead and Contributing Authors
Charles A. Dana Center:
- Monette McIver, Manager, Organizational Effectiveness
- Amy Getz, Interim Director, K-12 Education Strategy, Policy, and Services
- Heather Ortiz, Systems Implementation Specialist, Higher Education
- Ricardo Moena, Assistant Department Head, Associate Professor & Director of Entry Level Mathematics, University of Cincinnati
- Diane Troyer, Educational Consultant, founding President, Lone Star College – CyFair
- Richard Whipple, DCMP Regional Coordinator; (retired) Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement at Southwest Texas Junior College
- Brandy Hawkins, Executive Director of Accountability, SACSCOC Accreditation Liaison, Angelo State University
- Michael McBride, Associate Director of Accreditation and Assessment, Northwest Missouri State University
Editing and Design
Charles A. Dana Center:
- Ophella Dano, Lead Editor and Production Editor
- Phil Swann, Senior Designer
Texas Success Center:
- Cynthia Ferrell, Executive Director
- Raquel Garza, Senior Project Manager
- Art Williams, Vice President of Technology
- Jaime Contreras, Senior Web Developer
- Josh Norman, Executive Vice President / Creative Director
- Ashton Smith, Senior Account Manager
- Shelbi Walker, Account Executive
- Salem Nippa, Account Coordinator